Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's Snowing!

We have been in Battle Creek two weeks today. We have been warmly welcomed and treated with great kindness and love.
I am trying to decide what I should say. I think I will keep it short tonight.
Here is the important news of the week:
Santa Claus shops at the farmer's market in Michigan. We met him on Saturday. He asked me if AnnMarie, Kaili, and Addison are being good girls. I told him they always are good girls. He said he would be watching! I took his picture. He and Mrs. Claus are coming to get more produce (It's too cold at the North Pole to get it there.) in two weeks. He said that he and Mrs. Claus will be there with their full Christmas suits on and that Grandpa & I can sit on his lap and have our picture taken. I don't think we will be able to get back there.
We enjoyed looking around at the market in Kalamazoo on our preparation day this week. We also went to a craft/Christmas show in the same town for a half hour or so. It  took in three buildings, was backed with people, and a little overwhelming. I was interested in seeing Christmas items, but most of it was not.
We had fun anyway.
Our ward Christmas party was last Saturday. The decorations were clever. Sister Kinghorn hung cotton balls on fishing line to look like snow. It looked really great...better in life than in the pictures I am posting.
Our friends, Grant & Gloria, who are investigating the church, came to the party. We were really glad. I am also putting on some pictures of Hilde & Mickey, two of this ward's  "golden girls." They are really kind to everyone. They are sooooo funny!
We are working hard to meet people. There are lots of good people here. I may send some stories in an email.


 Santa at the Farmer's Market


 Farmer's Market in Kalamazoo



 Hilde Hammer lived in Germany during WWII. She has told me about being there when the Americans came to bomb their city. She is a wonderful lady.


 Snowflake decoration at Christmas party.

 Mickey Baldwin, another of the Golden Girls.

 Sister Barnes, Relief Society president with Hilde

Grant, a friend and investigator, Mr. Torrance, the bishop's father, and Elder Hendrickson 
h
Sister Shanoe Cusick. She is from Hawaii. She is really sweet. We are going to have a family home evening with her family next Monday.

Deer and geese in a hay field.

Love to you all. Hope you are well.

1 comment:

  1. Looks fun! We love you and it was fun to skype with you! Those are very cool snowflakes. I'll have to look for a pattern to make those! Love Carly and Paul!

    ReplyDelete