First, I want to say "Congratulations!" to Paul. He was given an award for writing at school. This is how he explained what it was to me.
"This particular award was called the "best brief" award. Three of them were given out; all three were equal winners. This means on this one paper, mine was one of the top three."
I am posting a couple of the pictures here. It is the only way I am certain that my Mom & Dad will see. We are really proud of him.
Our week has been pretty normal. We continue to search. We continue to visit. Sometimes it seems like we do the same things over and over. But we know that the Lord is directing this work. We see miracles happening often. We see blessings happening every day. The gospel brings joy and peace to the lives of those who are struggling. It gives people confidence. They do not feel alone. We are grateful for the Lord's influence in our lives and the lives of the people of Battle Creek.
We are excited that the daughter and son-in-law of a counselor in the stake presidency are moving to Jerome. What a small world! We have not met them, but love her dad. His name is Pres. Montrose. I have yet to find out their names. He will be the assistant manager for Wal-Mart. I am sure you will show them a great Idaho welcome. I believe they have two small children.
We had dinner at Sandy and Joe Cooper's house last weekend. We had wet burritos. I have heard people talk about wet burritos a lot and wondered what they are. They are like the beef enchiladas we eat at home. Yummy!
We have had a lot of rain since last week...day and night for most of three different days. It is wonderful as things are greening up. It is too late for the crops for this year, but at least the lawns and trees, etc. will have the help. I have never seen corn fields like this...all dried up.
On Saturday night we went out to dinner with Mike and Hilde Hammer. Mike is Hilde's son and it was his birthday. We went back to Hilde's apartment for Kiery's cupcakes. She is amazing. I think that is the only thing I have taken photos of this week.
Mike is single and forty seven years old. He was a good sport when his mom wanted him to wear the hat...a very pink hat, too. He thought I was taking his photo, not a video. Oh, well!
On Sunday we had the Clay boys and their dad over for dinner. Lupe could not come. She had to be taken to the hospital for her migraine. She and the boy's dad are divorced, but get along really well in taking care of their kids. Michael, we think, is going to take the missionary lessons so he can see what the boys are doing. Sam has set the date of August 25th for his baptism. We are excited for him.
Well, I know this is not exciting. I just don't have much to say tonight. This next week has a lot more interesting things happening.
We love you all.


No comments:
Post a Comment