Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24, part two

Sorry about the two parter...
I tried for a long time to put it all in one, but I think I must have too much video.
The following is the rain the night of Elder H's birthday, here in BC. He had been trying to convince me that we should go home, but I did not agree until this part of the road.




Saturday, we had some lessons to teach and we helped Danny and Twila move some of their things into Danny's apartment. They have been married for two weeks and have had a difficult time getting moved. That night we went back to Finley's, this time to celebrate Hilde's birthday. Her daughter had to be out of town. Her son, Mike came along. Afterwards, we went back to our apartment to have the cheese cake Kiery made from scratch and the many toppings she brought. We played UNO. We laughed a lot. I was so glad as Hilde's son was murdered on her birthday seven years ago. It is a difficult time for her.


On Sunday we had quite a few of "our" people at church. That always brings smiles to our faces.
We went to get Yvonne Jones for church. On the street was a skunk with its head stuck in a yogurt carton. I felt sorry for it, but did not stop and rescue him.
Monday we had a pretty low-key preparation day, which felt good. I have learned how to take Mormon Messages off of YouTube and put them on DVDs. We want to use some.  In the evening we went to the Fales for dinner. She fixed a really tasty soup, which I can hardly wait to fix this fall.
Tonight we finally got to see one of Aleya's swimming meets. She is really good at it and won her races. We all went for ice cream afterwards.


This pool is at one of the high schools. Lots of them have indoor pools. What a great thing for their kids!
I had video of the meet, but I had to removed lots of the video I was trying to put on and need to go to bed. Sorry!

I had all of the writing done about an hour ago and then the computer froze up. So, I have not rewritten several things.
But, we are happy to be here serving a mission. We are learning more every day about Heavenly Father's great plan of happiness and the Savior's role in it. We are grateful for their love and pray that it might flow through us to those with whom we work.
We love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment