Elder Hill, Elder Jones, Elder Patterson, Elder Snow, Elder Harndon, Elder Bagley
AND IT RAINED WHILE WE WERE IN MEETINGS. KALAMAZOO GOT TWO INCHES THAT DAY. The storm missed Battle Creek.
We enjoyed visiting with the president and Sister Hess. They are great individuals.
That night we went to Marshall with Mary Jo to hear her parents play in a community
band concert. Her mom plays the sax and her dad plays the euphonium. (It was Mary Jo's birthday.) She wanted us to come so they could see that we are "regular people," not a cult. We enjoyed all of her family. Two of her sisters, a brother-in-law, and a longtime family friend were all there. We went to McDonald's for ice cream after. I started to sit down on the end, out of the way, but MJ's mom said, "Come down here right now. I want to visit with you!" MJ always says that you don't want to argue with her mom, so I went. I was trying to stay out of the way. But I really enjoyed visiting with all of them. Her dad flew U2 planes for many years in the service. Elder H had a great visit with him. We enjoyed the band concert. I was afraid bugs might be a problem but we did not see any...a blessing of the drought. It was about a hundred degrees so there was not a huge crowd.
Punch and Judy played by the band.
Thursday was Elder H's birthday. It was a pretty busy day. We had a nice lesson with one of our new "finds." We got "shined" by another one. We found that we had missed three phone calls from still another new friend while we had the phone off the day and night before for district conference and the concert. So, we ran down there. He had sounded like it was an emergency on the phone, but was fine when we were there. While we were there Battle Creek got it's rain storm, finally. We got 1.53 inches in a very short time. We were headed for Marshall to see Aleya Brandon in a swim meet, but had to turn around as we took the back roads.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment