The biggest happening of the week, even though we weren't there, is that our dear AnnMarie was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. We are very proud of her.
Last week on Wednesday we stopped off in Climax and Augusta to make some visits. I saw a sign on a Methodist Church marquee which said:
"What is missing from ch ch?
UR"
I liked it. Wish I had thought of it myself.
We stopped at a farm that has it's own cheese store. Elder H bought Italian. Yummy!
We have had funerals for two of the people who died last week. There are more memorials coming up. The ward has really rallied behind these people.
I found, at Bro. Cowle's funeral, the scripture that I will put on Elder H's program. It talks about going into the woods and shooting a deer.
On Friday we went to the home of Lorena Freelove for dinner. Her parents were here from New York. They live near the Hill Cumorah. They are not members of the church and yet they have let members of the BC ward stay in their vacation home when they have gone to the pageant. Her dad has written three books, all in rhyme.
We were early so we stopped at the college and watched the Canadian geese. They are everywhere.
On Sunday,we were excited that a sister who we just love came to church for the first time in several years. She has a lot of challenges, but is strong and will overcome. She can't come this next week because she is going to Florida. She wants us to make sure people know she is gone. She was so happy to be there and she wants people to know how grateful she is for their warm reception. She'll be back a week from Sunday.
It's been nice and I have been out walking with Elder H. I love the fresh air.
I am sorry that I am skipping all over the place.
On Saturday we went to the Detroit temple. We have not been since we left home and were thrilled to be there. The Spirit was really strong. Since the Detroit temple is very small, it is by appointment only. It has thirty chairs in the endowment room without folding chairs. They brought in sixteen chairs for our session. A man from our ward, Bro. Donje, received his endowment. We went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant called Pasquallies with some of those who attended. That put us coming home after dark. I was driving. It was interesting. There is a lot more traffic over in that part of the state. I only missed one exit and it actually turned out to be easier to get off on the way back to the exit.
| Bro. Donje & Sis. Taylor (Yes, they are in love.) |
We had a wonderful visit with the Schaffer family on Sunday. They are special to us. Dan works for the Kellogg company and is on the road a lot. They are originally from Washington state. We have a sort of "western" bond.
| Jillian, Tammy, Thomas, & Dan Schaffer |
We are glad to be here. I know there are things I intended to write today, but I not thinking well as I am tired. I made four lasagnas tonight after we got home at 7:30 to take to people in the next couple of days. I should have made sugar cookies. That will have to happen tomorrow. (Sometime after district conference and appointments...)
The first of February we decided to start keeping track, just for fun, how many cookies we make, how many chocolate chips, etc. we use. I always make at least seven dozen cookies a week. Sometimes I make twice that many. For someone who hates to cook, I am spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Somehow, I don't seem to mind.
We love being here and serving where we can. It is wonderful to have the opportunity to share testimonies with others. I hope you are all taking that opportunity in your lives.
We love you. Have a great week. One lady we see always says, "Have a blessed day!" I love that. I may make that my new good by.
Great post, as always. We just love reading them and seeing the pics too. I wonder if going on a mission would help me want to cook more? One can hope. :) That's so awesome that all your hard work and reactivation efforts are paying off. 'So proud of you and appreciate the sacrifices that you are making. Love, Em
ReplyDelete