![]() |
| Who's that knockin' at my door??? |
![]() |
| These almost look fake or photoshopped, but they are not. |
![]() |
| I used magnets in the binkie bib. Hobby Lobby had some that were really strong. |
![]() |
| Knitted hats |
![]() |
| Always faithful! |
We have been trying to visit a family for weeks. Everytime there are extra cars there or no one answers. I have to admit that I was beginning to wonder if it was worth it. Last Friday, we finally found someone home. A wonderful young single mother lives there, along with her sister. She has three darling children, a son, 12 and two daughters, ages 6 and 2. The little two year old was into everything while we visited. She is sooooo cute. She took water and dumped it into wooden cups that were not supposed to get wet. She took candles out of stands and put them in holes on African drums. This sister is a kindergarten teacher at a school where some of the members attend. She is going to open, next month, an African dance and drum studio with her brother. This sister was born into the church and was raised in Lansing. She went through a rebellous stage and left. Well, she was embarrassed to go back. She has been taking her children to another church. We talked with her about the Book of Mormon, etc. She really believes and loves the church.We invited her back and she says she will come. She was going to Lansing on Sunday for her mom's birthday, but says she will definitely be there this coming this week. We will check back with her. But really, all she was waiting for was an invitation to come back. It makes me wonder how many people there are out there like her. She is wonderful. She absolutely loves her memories of girls camp growing up.
It has been an interesting last couple of days.
Elder H spoke in sacrament meeting on Sunday and did his usual really great job.
Yesterday, Sister Jennie Byington, from Jerome passed away. I am sorry for Jordie and James. They have loved and depended upon their grandmother. She, in return, has relied on them. Jennie was always really sweet to me. She had a real generous, sweet heart. I will miss her.
Yesterday, here in Battle Creek, Brother Cowles passed away. I have never met him, but Elder H has gone to the hospital with Bro. Kinghorn to give him blessings.
Also, yesterday, Sister Alicia Franklin, a young woman in her twenties, died when her house burned down. She simply did not wake up.We have been in that house. I am not surprised. It looked like a tinder box. So many of these old houses here have not been kept up. They are cold and drafty and people do whatever they can to heat them. The wiring is bad. The stairs were so rickety when we were there that I thought I would fall through them. Sad way to live. Sad way to die.
Then, last night, the Elders came over about 9:30 p.m. They had received a phone call from Andre Peterson's ex-wife that she was worried about him. We had an appointment with him last week and he was ill. We rescheduled for tonight. Well, Elder Hendrickson drove them over there. It was past their hours and they don't have a car this week. When they arrived, there was no answer at the door. One of the elders found that the door was not locked. They all poked their heads in and yelled. The place looked like a tornado had gone through it. They hollered. They started going down the hall ways. They found him dead in his bed. They called 911 and the police came. It was quite a process. Elder H said it was real eerie as you went through this apartment in the condition it was in and searched. They all had the feeling that he was dead. There was no foul play. He was sick. They figured he must have been for several days, hence the condition of the apartment. I don't know what was wrong. He was only in his thirties.
Needless to say, our bishop and RS president have their hands full this week with funerals. We will probably help her clean and pack his belongings. She just arrived in town a few minutes ago, so we are not sure. But, there sure is a lot of callings being issued from heaven these days.
We have district conference tomorrow. We will be going to Kalamazoo, unless we are needed here before that.
Hope you are all having a great week. I feel like this is a little thrown together tonight, so please forgive. I am ready for bed.
We love you all. We are thankful for your love and support.
This week our dear AnnMarie will be baptized in Eagle Mt. by her father. I am grateful for the decision she has made to take this important step. This is the only thing that would keep me from being at her side. I know that God lives. I know that He answers prayers. I know the Book of Mormon is a powerful witness of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Through his Atonement we can return and live with him again. I pray that we will all keep our covenants so that we might all be there together.We are going to the Detroit temple on Saturday to attend with a brother who is going for the first time. What a great day it will be. (We had nothing to do with his going; we are just tagging along.)
Love you.





I am a friend of Andre's. We are all shocked at his death. Someone on Facebook found this post and shared it. Thank you for giving us a little insight on what happened. If you find anything else please let us know. We all truly loved him and are devastated at his passing.
ReplyDeleteToni, I love hearing your stories about the people and what you are doing! God bless you both. You are stellar expamples of righteous missionaries. Margaret/Francis
ReplyDeleteI second Sharon's comment. We knew Andre when we lived in New Mexico and it's so hard to hear that he was alone when he died. He was a wonderful, supportive, kind friend. Please do let us know if you find out more details. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteToni, I am so sorry for the loss of all those who have posted on here, but am happy that you are there to comfort those who need comforting. It is truly wonderful how much you are doing for people that you barely know, all in the name of the Savior. 'Love you!
ReplyDelete