Today was a lovely day...very tender. We appreciate the love of our family. That love is the source of our joy. Sarah, Kristin, & Catherine sang beautifully, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me," a Sally DeFord SA arrangement. I know it was hard for them. Many tears were shed. If we did not love each other our leaving would not be a sacrifice. I was determined to hold myself together because I fell apart in testimony meeting this last month.
I was not spreading the news that we were speaking. There are no farewells anymore & I did not want to turn sacrament meeting into one. I received notes from friends who would have come had they known. I was surprised at the number of folks who knew & came. It touched my heart more than I could say. I could see the love in their eyes. We are so blessed.
Had a great weekend with the kids here. The only that could have been better would have been if Paul & Carly & Mom & Dad could have come. We know that was not possible & understand completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment